Interior Design Trends For 2020
This is the year that we say adios to gloomy grays, dark cabinets, drab carpet, and light laminate. Start saying hello to bold, fabulous, and unique designs! Below are some trends that are popping up everywhere!
FOR THE KITCHEN
• Pops of rich gem colors that are complimented by brass or copper fixtures.
• Geometric and glass mixed media back-splash tiles.
• Herringbone flooring that is stained a dark and mysterious color.
• Euro-style cabinetry – frame-less, sleek, clean and streamlined.
• Quartz counter tops – nonporous, durable, resembles chic marble but resists stains!
FURNITURE & ACCENTS
• Velvet – Bright & vibrant colors that create a luxurious yet comfortable setting in various shapes & styles.
• Rugs and tables that are free shape designs. Very different from the traditional square/rectangle.
• Walls that no longer have just one focal point with a funky wallpaper pattern. Formal dining rooms and bathrooms are great spaces to utilize stick on wallpaper on all four walls creating a unique design!
• No longer using the same style design through out the entire home. Each room will have its own story & personality. For example, think of a boho style!