How to Get Your Home Photo-Ready
Great photos will make your home look its best. As a general rule, you want to remove as much clutter as possible. e.g. Hide all garbage cans, and keep pets and pet items out of the way of photographs. Use garages, pantries, and closets for storage if they are not going to be photographed.
If you are not sure if something should be removed or rearranged please call your HomesByMarco agent. They will advise you on what will enhance the look or maximize the space for your specific home!
Have the house photo ready and staged prior to photographer's arrival. The photographer will not rearrange or remove any items, so do a walk-through of each room to make sure it looks exactly as you want it to look in photographs ahead of time.
The following are some tips to make sure you get the best results from your photographs.
1. Turn on all lights (including lamps, recessed lighting, & under cabinet lights)
2. Turn off all ceiling fans
3. Open all window curtains, blinds, shades or drapes
4. Clean, declutter and organize(any spaces that are going to be photographed)
5. Remove all shoes, purses, jackets, etc from foyer area
6. Remove small appliances and knickknacks from kitchen counters
7. Remove small towels from appliances
8. Remove dish soap, sponges, and wash clothes from kitchen sink
9. Remove everything from the top and front of the refrigerator such as photos, magnets, etc
10. Remove throw rugs and floor mats to showcase the flooring
11. Remove personal items from bathroom counters, inside bath, shower, garbage cans, and floor mats
12. Toilet lids down
13. Adjust furniture, pillows, blankets, and window treatments so they are straight/even
14. Decorative center pieces can make for a polished look
15. Conceal all cords
16. Close garage doors and remove vehicles, trailers, etc. from driveway
17. Remove trash cans, garden hoses, lawn equipment
18. Clean and remove items from yard as necessary
19. Present your patio/outdoor entertaining area as if you are expecting guests